Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Motherhood

Why do we think that being a parent will be an easy job? It is not. It is the hardest job that I have ever had. It is harder than hauling hay in July, it is harder than bathing a dog that has been sprayed by a skunk. It is harder than dealing with a boss that is mentally ill and a drug addict. It requires ME being in control of MYSELF at all times. I must be honest. I must work hard. I must be uncomfortable. I must do what I say I am going to do. I must do things that I DON'T WANT TO DO. I must move and do when I think there is no way for me to move or do another thing. It is a very physically demanding job but mostly it is an emotionally challenging job. It is the most rewarding job I have ever had. It is amazing how a laugh or a smile can mean more than any amount of money I could ever earn. Levi got it this morning, he got up by himself, got himself dressed, brushed his teeth and combed his hair and came downstairs, ready to eat breakfast. I did not have to tell him to do one thing this morning. WOW! So, all of the mornings of Kindergarten and First grade (so far) that I have told him to get up and get ready finally paid off. He was SO proud of himself, you could just see the self esteem grow. I am so thankful for my healthy children, my hard working husband and this amazing journey of Motherhood that I am on. Praise God!

1 comment:

Jessica's Blogs said...

Levi's really growing this year, physically and in other ways. He's a good boy.